Friday, November 4, 2011

Alan's Hobby is flying radio control Model Aircraft

G'day good friends at el Villar.  Remember "G'day" is Australian for Hola.

When I came to el Villar I brought with me a very small helicopter, which I flew with Jose Manuel in the "Indoor"...remember.  I also helped many of you make paper aeroplanes, and we had flying competitions in the indoor...remember?

Back in Australia I fly much bigger miniature aircraft, two or three times a week.  On Wednesday mornings I go to my flying Club just outside Toowoomba, at Hodgson Vale (google it on google maps!), to fly with my retired friends, talk a lot about aeroplanes, and have a "sausage sizzle" bbq lunch - we cook sausages on a gas grill, fry some onions, and place cooked sausages and onions between two pieces of sliced bread, and top with tomato sauce or ketchup.  On Saturday or Sunday afternoon, I travel with friends to a place called Crows Nest just north of Toowoomba, to fly our aeroplanes in a cow paddock or off a hill, depending on where the wind is blowing from.  Only about six people fly here, and it is very peaceful - except when the planes are making a bit of noise.  Often there are cows and bullocks in the field while we are flying...they make a big mess of our landing strip.

My friends and I fly both electric and gasoline (methonol, actually) powered aircraft...but usually the electric ones because they are clean, and we can switch the motor on and off in the air. In the photos below only the middle aircraft is gas powered and makes a lot of noise.

Hope you like this little story about one of my interests.  Next time I will post a short video of flying over my Club field at Hodgson Vale, using a micro dvd camera on the nose of one of my planes.

See you next time,

Alan

10 comments:

  1. Hello, Alan.
    We like the airplanes. They are very nice.
    Yhe boys and girls from class 3 A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola 3A!
    What do you like about the aeroplanes (note my spelling of this word)?

    and Hold to Teresa too!
    I think you meant "very good"? Now, what do you think is very good about the aeroplanes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan makes mistakes too! What is the mistake in the previous comment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello alan , im jaime i like the radio controls but the football is very famous in spain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Alan,haw are you,in the school we mis you.
    Jose Manuel have got a baby at is not here.
    Bay bay



    Alba and Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY FRIENDS. CORRECT SENTENCE:JOSE MANUEL HAVE GOT A BABY (AND) IS NOT HERE. (BYE BYE)
    AND NOW MY COMMENT. THERE ARE LOTS OF THINGS TO
    SEE IN THE BLOG. DID YOU SEE?
    SE YOU SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola!

    It is good to see that you are trying to use your English.

    Yes, Jose Manual has got a baby boy, but he does not work at the school this year. He is teaching in Salamanca. The baby boy's name is Diego. Did you know that?

    Keep practising, my friends.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete