Saturday, May 17, 2014

Another Australian animal!

A big hello to all my friends at El Villar!

I know how you all love animals. I do!  and Australia has many different kinds, just as you do in Spain and Europe.

The picture below is of a bird that lives in my street, is very sleepy during the day, and hunts insects and small animals at night.  It even has special feathers on the leading edges of it's wings, so that it flies very quietly..isn't that special.  Finally, it has a mouth shaped very much like a frogs mouth.  It's not an owl, sooooo can you tell me what you think it is?


I wonder if your 'google skills' can find this bird, and it's other features.

Until next time,

Alan

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    It wasn´t very dificult to found this animal. (the name was on the URL of the photo when I put it in google, je, je)
    It´s name is: "Tawny Frogmouth" Tawny frogmouths are large, big-headed birds that are 34 – 53 cm long and can weigh up to 670 g. Aren´t they?
    Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete