Friday, May 25, 2012

Famous Limestone Caves

Hola!
When I finished my last post to the blog I remembered that I know someone from Valladolid who may come to Australia, and that I suggested that this person should visit some famous Australian caves, not far from Sydney.

In Spain you have limestone caves too, and I think they are a little like the Jenolan Caves which were discovered back in about 1860. Do you know the names of any Spanish Caves and where they are located?

Some photos of the Jenolan Caves, located in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney, are below.
"Three Sisters" in Blue Mountains where Jenolan Caves are locate


Entry to Jenolan Caves


Broken Column - maybe from earthquake?

A large white Stalagmite - it rises from the cave floor

Stalagmites and Stalagtites everywhere
A lot more photos may be found on this link - watch the slide show:


Now, do you happen to know which tiny flying animal is often found in caves?  The one I am thinking of is not a bird and is blind...wow, do you know what it is?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Alan, they're beautiful! I think I will visit them when I am in Australia, and I may be visiting you also, we will talk about it, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope that you will see and hear for yourself. They can be very noisy when feeding, just like a very happy family around the dinner table.
    Coral and I hope to meet with you while you are in Australia, and maybe even in Valladolid by years end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beutiful photos

    ReplyDelete