Friday, February 28, 2014

Alan is back from his vacation!

Well a big hello to all my friends at El Villar.  My wife and I are finally back from our last "around the world" vacation.  We had a great time in London, visiting our son, and then on the cruiseship "Aurora", sailing from England to Australia via the Panama Canal.  A map of our travels is below...there are lots of interesting places to 'google' if you are interested.
Because of very rough seas, our first port of call was La Coruna (do you know where that is?). We then sailed past the Azores to Antigua in the Caribbean Sea, onto Aruba and then through the Panama Canal.  From here we sailed to San Juan del Sur in Nicaragua, to visit the oldes city in the Americas called Granada. We had a very long sail from here to San Francisco in the USA. From here we visited Honolulu, Pago Pago, Tonga, Auckland, Bay of Islands (top of New Zealand), and Sydney. We arrived home in Toowoomba on February 18.

In my travels I am always on the lookout for interesting animals, and this time I had an unexpected surprise in Aruba. While we have lots of lizards in Australia, I had never seen such interesting animals as the Green Iguana...and they are not afraid of humans either.


I wonder what you can find out about these interesting creatures?  What do they eat? Where do they live? Can they swim? What colours are they? and so on.

I hope that I have not given you too much to read and investigate? But you are good students, Si!

Until next time,

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment