Monday, October 14, 2013

mi amigo Bluey el periquito


A big HELLO to all my friends at CP Ntra.Sra. del Villar.  I notice that the Blog is very quiet this year.  Has the "cat got your tongue"?  That's an English expression meaning "why are you so quiet, can't you talk?"

No doubt you are very busy with your studies?

Coral and I have been very busy this year too.  We play sport four times a week, which does not give us much time for other things. We love our Table Tennis and Model Air Plane flying!

I have a new friend.  My daughter Angelina found this baby Budgerigar on the walk way near our house. He was hungry and not able to fly very well, so HE adopted us.  His name is Bluey. We did not know at first if it is a boy or girl...so Bluey was chosen as a name because it can be either.  Do you like that name?

Bluey loves doing tricks in his cage. He can swing upside down, and climb all over the bars of his cage.  We think he is smart.  We hope to be able to teach him to talk.

Now, Budgies are found all over the world. They are a popular pet.  But did you know that this little bird is a native of Australia. True!  Can you find out what the most common colour is?  It isn't blue!

We now know Bluey is a boy...do you know how we can tell this?

I hope that you can find time to write, just a little.

Your old friend,

Alan

4 comments:

  1. Hello Alan!
    Here I am, save and sound.
    It was true, I was very busy. But I found a bit of time to write you.
    I'm glad that you are trying words in spanish.
    Budgerigars are naturally green and yellow with black.
    Thank you for writing and why not, happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Lidia, you are in year 6 now. Your English has come a long way.
      You are correct about the colour of budgerigars. When I was very young like you, I had a green and yellow one. His name was Mickey. He was a very tame bird that we let out of the cage often. Bluey is very young, and we are trying to get him to be more friendly.
      Hope you had a fun halloween?

      Delete
  2. Hello another time!
    I forgot to say one thing about budgerigar.
    Blue cere indicates It's a male.
    Flaking brown cere indicates female in breeding condition.
    That's what you ask, isn't?
    Bye bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct again Lidia. You know a lot about budgerigars, don't you?

      Alan

      Delete