Monday, March 25, 2013

Alan is back in Australia

Hello to all my good friends at CP Ntra.Sra. del Villar!  Coral and I have finally finished our long vacation, and we are back home in Toowoomba, Australia.  Just in time for lots of rain and floods, similar to last year.

We had a great time visiting all our teacher and student friends in Laguna, Arroyo, and Valladolid.  How you all have grown since we first visited in 2011. And how your English has improved too...keep up the good work. A big clap for your Director and her excellent teachers too. They are doing wonderful work.

I will try to keep up with my posts to your blog, and for a short while will include some photographs of my travels. I also have an interesting one from near Valladolid...I wonder if you can tell me where the photo is taken?  But first, apart from London, Spain, and Vienna (Austria), where did we travel. Well, a world map of our travels is below... the red line shows where our ship Arcadia sailed.

The ports and countries we visited are: Southampton (UK), Tenerife (Canary Islands) ,Recife (Brazil), Salvador (Brazil), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), Montevideo (Uruguay), Port Stanley (Malvinas), Cape Horn (Chile/Argenina), Punta Arenas (Chile), Chacabuco (Chile), Valpariso/Santiago (Chile), Easter Island (Chile), Pitcairn Island, Papeete/ Bora Bora (Tahiti), Suva (Fiji), Noumea (New Caledonia), and home to Brisbane (Australia).  Can you find these places in your school Atlas? or maybe Google?

Now, one of your great teachers took Coral and I to the place in the photograph below.  We had a great time.  Can you tell me where it is?  What is the closest village?


For the Science students, the following photograph was taken way down in the south of Chile. Do you know what it is, and how it got there. Why is it blue in colour, and where does the waterfall come from?  I wonder if your teachers know, or maybe your parents can help?


Until next time, be good, study hard....and Happy Easter to all.

Alan and Coral

10 comments:

  1. The day when you took this last foto.. it was my birthday!
    Thank you for writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a lovely birthday, Lidia, and apologies for not replying much sooner.

      Delete
  2. The biggest Christ is the Christ Redentor and the answer to the second is Fuensaldaña.
    Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diego, I think you are correct with both your answers. I took a photo of the castle from the restaurant car park. Thank you for your help.

      Delete
  3. I think it's blue by sky reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you do a good journey


    David 5.c nuestra señora del villar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Alan i sew your fothos are very lovely. Thanks you for send we the fothos.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula. Now I will try to publish some more photos for you.

      Delete
  6. Irene Montes HernaizMay 2, 2013 at 4:41 AM

    hello your vacations are very beautifull and very funny

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are very beutiful . We like very much . Please put it more

    ReplyDelete